XXI Bi-Annual ESARBICA General Conference, Maputo, Mozambique, 6-10 June 2011
Date Added:20 July 2010
The XXI Bi-Annual ESARBICA General Conference on “Access to Information: Archives and Records in Support of Public Sector Reform in Context” will be hosted by the National Archives of Mozambique, Maputo on 6-10 June 2011.
The forthcoming ESARBICA Conference seeks to highlight the key role that access to information contained in records and archives held in public and private repositories in the ESARBICA region play in addressing public sector reform in the information and knowledge economy. We need to develop specific techniques and policies to preserve and make accessible the wealth of information that is held in our repositories and archives. It will be the occasion to speak about issues related to access to information in support of public sector reform. Themes that may be approached are the following:
- Challenges to accessing information held in records and archives in Africa;
- Fostering accountability and transparency in the public sector reform programme;
- Preservation and access to information;
- E- readiness, e-government and m-government;
- Ethical issues and access to information held in records and archives;
- Oral history in diverse archival spaces and its role in making archives accessible;
- Website preservation;
- Accessibility of digital material that is saved in libraries, archives and museums.
Have a look at the latest version of the programme and at the abstracts !
|Programme of ESARBICA 2011 conference||57,7ko||English|
|ESARBICA 2011- Abstracts||82 ko||English|