Terms of Reference
- To bring together experts on archive buildings and storage environments from the ICA membership;
- To provide specialist guidance and advice to ICA Elected Officers, Secretariat and members;
- To assess and disseminate high quality reference products on developments in archive buildings and storage environments;
- To engage in projects and produce appropriate tools for the benefit of ICA membership;
- To liaise with other specialist groups and partners external to the ICA;
- To work with other ICA Branches, Sections or Expert Groups as required..
Criteria for membership is recent and extensive experience in the management and maintenance of archival buildings and the maintenance of appropriate storage environments, with proven expertise in the field;
- Members are expected to contribute fully to the EGABE work programme and fulfil the obligation of active membership;
- Membership in the EGABE will be approved by the Programme Commission (PCOM);
- To be no more than 10 members; experts from the ICA membership with proven expertise.
Member serving periods
Members serve for 2 or 4-year terms, on a cycle such that there is both sufficient continuity within the group over time, but also new expertise is periodically recruited;
The Chair serves a minimum of 4 years with the option to serve for a further 4 years if agreed by the Expert Group members and PCOM.
ICA Programme Commission (PCOM).
Copyright of Products
Products, tools and publications developed and drafted by EGABE members as part of the workplan will be the intellectual property of ICA to disseminate to members in consultation with EGABE and PCOM according to ICA's strategic goals but primarily as part of its capacity building mission.