Mexico, 27 to 29 November 2017
The ALA-ICA Conference registration is now open! Click here to register
The ALA-ICA annual Conference 2017 takes place in Mexico City, Mexico, under the title “Archives, Citizenship and Interculturalism”.
Governance meetings : 25-26 November 2017
Annual Conference : 27-29 November 2017
The themes agreed between ICA Programme Commission and the Latinamerican Archives Association (ALA) will include :
- Interculturalism and native Cultures
- Human Rights
- Illicit Trafficking of Documentary Heritage
- Archives and Artistic Creation
- Archives and Academic Projects
- Archives, Accountability, Access to Information and Personal Data Protection
- Archives, Environment and Natural Disasters
- Regional Cooperation
- Copyright and Intellectual Property
- Information Systems and Digital Preservation
- Big Data
- Information Governance
The ICA Programme Commission is working with the Latinamerican Archives Association (ALA) to refine the themes and identify suitable speakers from both ALA and around the world.
There will not be a call for papers for the Annual Conference this year in Mexico City. As reported in Flash 33 (January 2017), PCOM’s role in the development of the academic programme for the combined ICA and ALA Conference in November is to advise the Mexican hosts and suggest speakers as appropriate. PCOM rol will not be to manage nor assess proposals from the archivist community. Expert groups, sections and branches were all invited to propose sessions and these will be incorporated into the programme.
ALA-ICA annual Conference, November 2017, Archives, Citizenship and Interculturalism", postcard del Archivo General de la Nación, Mexico