The Malawi National Archives will host the 24th Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Branch (ESARBICA) General Conference in Lilongwe from 7 to 11 August 2017.
The conference will start with 2 pre-conference workshops : 7-8 August
The conference will be held from 9 to 11 August 2017.
This is a call for papers for the Conference and for interested presenters to submit abstracts.
CONFERENCE THEME : PUBLIC SECTOR REFORMS: TRANSPARENCY & ACCOUNTABILITY
Papers to be presented must address the following Conference sub-themes:
- The Role of Records and Archives in Public Sector Reforms
- Land Management Reforms
- Records and Archives in Local Government
- Advocacy and public programming
- Access to Information
- Community archives
- Education and training
Those willing to present papers are invited to prepare and submit abstracts that cover any of the above listed sub-themes.
- Those interested in preparing and presenting papers at the conference must indicate their interest by submitting abstracts by 31 December 2016.
- The submissions must indicate the sub-theme being addressed and should also include the speaker's name(s), affiliation, postal address, e-mail address, telephone, a short one-paragraph biographical note, the title of the paper, and an abstract of not more than 500 words.
- Papers accepted will be considered for publication in the ESARBICA Journal provided the authors present their work at the conference. Some selected papers will be considered for publication in the Journal of the Society of South African Archivists.
- The abstracts should be submitted to the ESARBICA email address at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For any clarifications, please contact any of the following:
The Conference Conveners: Peter Mazikana or Prof. Lovemore Zinyama