The International Council on Archives (ICA) is pleased to open the call for nominations to elect members of the Forum of National Archivists (FAN) Steering Committee, which replaces the current FAN Bureau.
Aligned with FAN’s transformative programme of work under the three key strands – Administration, Activity and Advocacy – and in conjunction with the revised FAN Terms of Reference, we are asking for nominations for the following FAN Steering Committee positions:
- The President of FAN
- An elected member to represent, and be based, in each of the four geographic ICA world regions, as specified in article 5.1.i of the ICA Constitution:
- Africa and the Arab Countries
- Asia and Oceania
- Europe and North America
- Latin America and the Caribbean
As elected members of the new FAN Steering Committee, this is your opportunity to shape FAN’s future governance, and to provide high-level strategic direction and focus for an international community of national archivists.
Members who lead central or national archival institutions (Category A members of the ICA) are entitled to put themselves forward for the elected post of President.
Members who lead central or national archival institutions (Category A members of the ICA) are entitled to put themselves forward for the posts based in the four world regions specified above.
If you would like to make a nomination, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- A one-page supporting statement, specifying which position you are applying for.
The statement should include an outline of how you will shape and take forward the Steering Committee’s strategic ambitions.
- A brief biography of your professional contributions.
- One letter of support from another member who leads a central or national archival institution.
If you wish to be nominated as an elected member of one of the four world regions specified above, your letter of support should come from someone who leads a central or national archival institution based in the relevant region.
Candidates who do not submit all three documents by the deadline below will not be put forward for any election.
Deadline: 13 September 2018, 11:59PM (CET/Paris time)