The Vice-President Finance exercises oversight of, and is ultimately responsible for, the management of all funds belonging to ICA. Working in close consultation with the President and the Vice-president Programme and the Executive Director, (s)he gives the organization strategic direction and oversees the proper governance of the organization acting in the name and on behalf of the Executive Board in accordance with the decisions taken by the General Assembly as the sovereign body of the organization.
The proper performance the duties of the Vice-president Finance requires a significant commitment of personal time and draws on the support of the Vice-President’s employer institution or association. The role is voluntary, and no remuneration is offered, nor can be accepted, for the performance of the functions of the office. Depending on the individual circumstance of the person elected to the role however, some funding can be made available to offset the cost of attendance at essential governance meetings.
A working level knowledge of either English or French (the official languages of the ICA) is highly desirable.
The mandate for the position is four (4) years, commencing from the ICA General Assembly of September 2022 and continuing to the ordinary General Assembly of 2026.
All members, categories A, B, C, and D, in good standing, have the right to stand for election, and to cast a vote for their preferred candidate.
Candidates will be asked to submit a short CV (two pages maximum) and a statement of intent (maximum 500 words) in English and French. Candidates will need to obtain three letters of support from among the voting members of ICA. The names of the three supporters will be published, but not any letters which they may write.
The closing date for arrival of the complete candidate’s dossier in the Secretariat will be Friday 8 July 2022 at midnight Paris time.
The applications are to be sent to Ms Constance V. Vidon, ICA executive coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The elections will be conducted in accordance with the constitution which was approved by the Extraordinary General Assembly on 20 October 2021. The following weighting system applies: each Category A member as defined in Article 3 of the Constitution has four (4) votes; each Category B member as defined in Article 3 of the Constitution has two (2) votes; each Category C member as defined in Article 3 of the Constitution has two (2) votes; each Category D member as defined in Article 3 of the Constitution has one (1) vote.
Mr. Atakilty Assefa Asgedom, Chair of the Evaluation Commission, is the Elections Officer 2022.
Further Resources for the information of prospective candidates can be found at:
- ICA Vice-president Finance duties (extract from the 2021 constitution).
- Video recording from the ICA current Vice-president Finance, Mr. Henri Zuber.
- The closing date for submission of the complete candidate’s dossier to the Secretariat is Friday 8 July 2022 at midnight Central European Time (CET)
- If there is only one eligible candidate that presents himself or herself for the post, the Elections Officer will declare the candidate to have been elected unopposed and will announce this by Wednesday 13 July 2022.
- If there is a contested election involving two or more eligible candidates for the post, the Secretariat will publish an up-to-date list of voting members in the four membership categories on the ICA website by Monday 18 July 2022 as well as the chosen voting process.
- The closing date for voting will be Friday 12 August 2022 at midnight Central European Time (CET).
- The counting of votes will be concluded by Wednesday 17 August 2022 at the latest.
- The results of the count will be transmitted to the Elections Officer by Friday 19 August 2022.
- The Elections Officer will inform the candidates of the results by Friday 26 August 2022.
- The results will be posted by Wednesday 31 August 2022.
- The term of the new Vice-president finance commences after the formal handover conducted during the ICA General Assembly meeting of Wednesday 21 September 2022, Rome.
Download | 153.95 KB | Type : PDF | Language : English
Download | 575.74 KB | Type : PDF | Language : English