Dates: 5 – 9 August (Gaborone, Botswana)
Participation is by invitation only.
The ICA Africa Programme is delighted to announce the first course of the Digital Records Curation Programme (DRCP) - Study School for Archival Educators, which will be held in Gaborone, Botswana in early August. This initiative is part of the PCOM Strategic Plan 2018-2020 for delivering on capacity building, particularly around curriculum review, conservation and preservation training and training in digital records management and preservation.
The Department of Library and Information Studies (DLIS) at the University of Botswana has since its inception in 1979 made outstanding contribution to the education and training of Library and Information personnel in Botswana and the Southern, Central, West and East African regions. It is an internationally recognised centre of excellence within Africa for library and information education and training.
Currently, the Department offers the following separate academic programmes:
- Diploma in Archives/ Records Management
- Diploma in Library & Information Studies
- Bachelor of Information and Knowledge Management (with specializations in Knowledge Management, Library and Information Studies, Archives and Records Management)
- Bachelor of Information Systems (Information Management)
- Master of Library & Information Studies (MLIS)
- Master of Archives & Records Management (MARM)
- PhD (Library & Information Studies)
More information, click here.