Mr. Mike Kikuchi, former president of the National Archives of Japan, died 7 Ocotober 2017. He was member of the FIDA Board of trustees (2009-2012) and ICA Vice-President (2005-2008).
Acting on the wishes of his family, during the ALA-ICA Annual Conference 2017 in Mexico City, Mr. Hitoshi Fukui, Senior Vice President of the National Archives of Japan handed over to the chair of FIDA, Fred van Kan, a letter commemorating a gift of funds to FIDA in the name of Mr. Kikuchi.
The FIDA board is very honoured by this gesture.
- Deputy Vice-Minister for the Administration, 1997
- Vice-Minister of the Management and Coordination Agency, 1999
- President of the National Archives of Japan, 2001-2009
Functions within ICA/EASTICA
- ICA Vice-President, 2005-2008
- Presided over 2005-2007 CITRAs
- 38th Abu Dhabi, 39th Curaçao, 40th Québec
- ICA Fellow, 2008-2017
- ICA FIDA Board Member, 2009-2012
- EASTICA Director, 2001-2003
- EASTICA Vice-Chairman, 2003-2007
- EASTICA Chairman, 2007-2009
- EASTICA Honorary Member, 2009-2017