International Archives Day 2017
The International Council on Archives invites you to celebrate the International Archives Day on Friday 9 June 2017 !
We invite you to celebrate the International Archives Day on the theme of the ALA-ICA Conference 2017 “Archives, Citizenship and Interculturalism” which will take place in Mexico from 27 to 29 November
On Friday 9 June 2017, celebrate the International Archives Day in your institution, your company or your department. Use this global event for archivists and records managers in order to make known the role of archives and share your experience and the importance of your work. Show that the archives profession is fun, inclusive, varied and that your expertise is helpful to everyone
Prepare your project for the International Archives Day 2017:
1. Save the date : Friday 9 June 2017
2. Get inspired by what your colleagues around the world have organized last year !
3. Under the theme “Archives, Citizenship and Interculturalism”, choose right now your project: an exhibition, a slide-show, a film screening, and open your department to the public, explain your work, raise the profile of your colleagues and explain how they can help other departments in your institution or your company.
4. In order to facilitate your events, ICA makes available, personalizable communication templates (posters, bookmarks, etc.), to encourage everyone to share this day through social networks, business or family circles.
5. And because ICA wants to highlight your projects and the dynamism of archivists and records managers, please think of taking photos of your customized posters and documents, as well as your celebration on Friday 9th June and send them to us !
6. At last, wherever you are or whatever is your language, follow the event #IAD17 and continue to celebrate “Archives, Citizenship and Interculturalism” by registering to the Conference ALA-ICA 2017