ICA would not exist without the devotion of its members!
As per Article 12 of the ICA Constitution, the Annual General Meeting may confer the status of fellow on any individual who has given outstanding service to the organization.
Criteria for nomination
OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTIONS TO ICA
1. Service for at a minimum of 4 years on ICA governance bodies, ICA Branches, Sections, Committees, Working Groups, the Programme Commission or FIDA
2. Contributing via authoring or contributing to ICA Publications or Standards and/or participation in sessions of the CITRA, ICA Annual Conferences, ICA Congresses or other ICA educational opportunities as session chairs, presenters or organisers
3. Advocating for ICA at a high level with International Governmental Organisations or in other international forums
OUSTANDING CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE ARCHIVAL AND/OR INFORMATION MANAGEMENT PROFESSION AT THE INTERNATIONAL LEVEL
4. Authoring or contributing to professional archival and information management publications, and/or with participation in archival information management educational and training opportunities as session chairs, presenters, or organisers
5. Service in governance bodies of national or international archival, information management, library or museum associations or institutions or related educational institutions.
6. Advocating for archives at an international level and/or raising the profile along with the public significance of archives
Nominated ICA Fellows
ICA and through it the whole archival community wants to record through this award its gratitude to these persons who greatly contributed to its work and development.
- Joan van Albada , The Netherlands - ICA Secretary General 1998-2008
- Olafur Asgeirsson , Iceland (1947-2014)
- Martine de Boisdeffre, France
- Alicia Casas de Barrán, Uruguay
- Lewis Bellardo, United States
- Marcel Caya, Canada - ICA Deputy Secretary General 2000-2007
- Colleen Mc Ewen, Australia
- George Mackenzie, Scotland
- Sidek Jamil , Malaysia - ICA Vice-President Congress Kuala Lumpur 2008
- Mitsuoki Kikuchi , Japan - ICA Vice-President CITRA 2005-2008 (1943-2017)
- Lorenz Mikoletzky, Austria - ICA President 2004-2008
- Setareki Tale, Fidji Islands
- Ian E. Wilson , Canada - ICA President 2008-2010
- Sarah Tyacke, United Kingdom
- Carol Couture, Canada
- Gérard Ermisse, France
- Jonathan Rhys-Lewis, United Kingdom