Do you want to contribute your energy and expertise to PCOM, the governance group for ICA’s professional programme? PCOM oversees ICA conferences and congresses, expert groups, funding for professional projects, as well as strategic initiatives such as the New Professionals, Training, and Africa Programmes.
Nominate yourself for election to one of the open seats on the ICA Programme Commission (PCOM) and help PCOM serve the ICA membership! Terms are four years with the exception of the Early Career Representative, which has a two year term. We are especially seeking applications from professionals located in the following regions:
- Latin America
- South Asia
Complete the PCOM nomination form and upload your CV
PLEASE NOTE: CVs will be shared with members, in the members-only space, as part of the elections process.
Nominations are open from 21 October until 20 November (deadline extended) and elections will be held at the end of November. The at-large members are elected by the ICA membership and the others are elected by PCOM.
Newly elected PCOM members will begin their terms in 2023.
PCOM has a very limited budget so travel support is not routinely provided to PCOM meetings. However, if an excellent candidate from a low-resourced region could not otherwise participate, some travel funds may be available to assist.
All candidates must be:
- ICA members in good standing with either a paid-up individual membership or be employed by an ICA member institution or category B association
- Archivists or records professionals
- Comfortable enough communicating in English and/or French to work in an international team. Note that PCOM meetings are conducted in English.
- Energetic and willing to devote time and energy to ICA
- Willing and able to attend two PCOM meetings a year
- Adding expertise to PCOM’s existing store of knowledge
- Adding to the diversity and representation of all types of archives on PCOM
You must nominate yourself for one of the six open positions, each of which has different requirements and will have different candidates in the election.
- At-large member: (3 vacancies – 4 year seats)
- From the ICA membership at large. Nominations are especially sought from applicants from Africa, Oceania, Latin America, South Asia and the Caribbean
- Programme Liaison for ICA Training Programme (4 year seat)
- Archives or records subject matter expertise reflected in a professional Master’s degree
- At least three years of experience relevant to archives or records education or training
- Experience designing archives or records training programs
- Experience teaching archives or records training or education
- Experience with learning management systems is an advantage
- Programme Liaison for New Professionals Programme (4 year seat)
- Must have enthusiasm for the New Professionals Programme (NPP) and a desire to help strengthen it
- Must be willing to advocate for and publicize the program
- Willingness to work closely with NPP Coordinator on program evaluation and feedback, including surveys of past participants and analysis of existing and new survey data to strengthen the programme, as well as other initiatives that may arise in the programme
- Early Career Representative (2 year seat)
- Have fewer than 5 years in the archives or records profession
- Have previous experience with an archival or records professional association, at either the local, national, regional, or international level
- Have perspectives to share about the interests and needs of archives and records students and early career professionals
- Strong technology skills are an advantage
If you have any questions, please send us an email at email@example.com.