Commemoration and Archives in Universities and Research Institutions
ICA-SUV 2022 ANNUAL CONFERENCE
2022 marks the 30th anniversary of the ICA Section on University and Research Institution Archives (SUV) and they are returning to Montreal, the city in which the section was founded, to celebrate. The conference is scheduled from the 7th to the 9th of September 2022, and it will take place on-site, at the University of Montreal, and virtually.
The conference will look at themes which will be of great interest and value to our members and others. Focused on the idea of commemoration, the conference delegates will have the opportunity to explore the following:
- the goals and objectives of commemoration
- the place and role of universities in the development of archival science and its methods in relation to commemoration
- the role of the archivist and his or her place as a participant or stakeholder in the process of implementing commemoration
- the place of commemoration in archival functions, is it different for digital archives than for analogue archives?
- inclusion and diversity in commemoration
- the need to access archives in order to commemorate
- neutrality, activism and commemoration.
- types of approaches to commemoration, based on trauma, marginalized people, etc.
- issues for commemoration in a digitally transformed world
To read the program, click here.
To register to this event, please go to the Association des archivistes du Québec (AAQ) site
More about information SUV, follow this link.
This event is supported by the International Council on Archives (ICA) through the Programme Commission.