Job posting- Administrative Assistant (CDD, part-time, 3,5 days a week)
The International Council of Archives (ICA) is looking for someone to join our dynamic, dedicated and international team to offer us administrative support, along with some basic accounting support. The International Council on Archives is a neutral, non-governmental organisation, funded by its membership, which operates through the activities of that diverse membership. For over seventy years we have worked with archival institutions and practitioners across the globe to advocate to protect historical records and to encourage dialogue, exchange, and transmission of this knowledge and expertise across national borders. With more than 1900 members in 199 countries and territories the Council's ethos is to harness the cultural diversity of its membership to deliver effective solutions and a flexible, imaginative profession.
This position will report of the Head of Administration and Finance and is a part-time position for (3,5) days a week (24 hours) for three (3) month (September-December 2019), located in Paris with the possibility of renewal. The monthly gross salary is 1370€ and includes benefits such as ticket restaurant.
Why should you apply?
- Get experience working at an international level
- Develop and grow your skills and competencies
- Practice your English travel and experience new cultures
- Chance to work with a dynamic and professional team
- Answering and directing phone calls
- Monitoring, responding and/or forwarding emails
- Updating the ICA membership database
- Assisting the Head of Administration and Finance with organising of financial documents, along with the submission and reconciliation of expenses
- Working in coordination with the Head of Administration in the preparation of membership invoices and responding to membership payment queries
- Assisting with the coordination of ICA governance meeting such as organising travel, accommodation, disseminating information and updated the ICA Workspace
- Providing general assistance across the ICA team when needed
- Minimum educational requirements are Bac + 2 in administration
- Proficient in French, with the ability to speak and understand English.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment, but also able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Previous experience working as in an administrative support position, minimum (3) years with some accountancy experience
- Experience and understanding of French administrative practices and accountancy processes
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple priorities
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and Power Point and some knowledge of accountancy systems
To apply, send your CV and a covering letter at:
Mr Philippe Bruneau, ICA Administrative and Finance Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Anthea Seles, ICA Secretary General, email@example.com