The ICA Secretariat has been in almost daily contact with ALA colleagues in the aftermath of the earthquake. Everyone in the ICA network will be pleased to know that the buildings (National Archives and Conference Centre) did not suffer significant damage and that the staff of the National Archives are all safe.
Staff at the National Archives working on the Annual Conference are among the first officials in the Mexican public service to return to work. We applaud their outstanding dedication to their duties at this difficult time.
The Conference is definitely going ahead as originally planned. If you are still hesitating about attending, why not show solidarity by registering to attend today
To take account of the disruption caused by the earthquake, ALA and ICA have decided to extend the Early Bird period one last time up to 20 October.
The themes agreed between ICA Programme Commission and the Latinamerican Archives Association (ALA) include :
- Interculturalism and native Cultures
- Human Rights
- Illicit Trafficking of Documentary Heritage
- Archives and Artistic Creation
- Archives and Academic Projects
- Archives, Accountability, Access to Information and Personal Data Protection
- Archives, Environment and Natural Disasters
- Regional Cooperation
- Copyright and Intellectual Property
- Information Systems and Digital Preservation
- Big Data
- Information Governance