Národní filmový archiv shall host the seventh No Time to Wait conference at Kino NFA Ponrepo in Prague. This FREE three-day conference, taking place from November 8 to 10, 2023, is dedicated to open media, open standards, and digital audiovisual preservation and is expertly managed by MediaArea.net. In light of the ongoing challenges posed by the pandemic, this year's conference is designed to maximize online participation while still fostering the collaborative spirit of in-person events.
If you'd like to participate in No Time to Wait 7, please complete the registration form. Note that the onsite registration is now a waiting list and online registration is available. Registration is free, however for those with institutional support or abundant generosity they're offering optional registration fees that help make No Time to Wait sustainable.
The No Time To Wait conference features presentations and discussion on topics such as:
• developing collaborative initiatives to preserve media
• efforts to extend capabilities and opportunities within archives
• active open media standardization projects
• seeking consensus in audiovisual preservation strategy
• examination of open media use in film and video digitization
• integration of open source tools into archival workflow
• examples of cross-community collaboration and skill-sharing
• developments in open media and more
Here is the conference program.