Chronology of the most remarkable events in the evolution of photography, film, television and video, and sound
The project consists of performing a double product: first, a poster where you can view simultaneously the chronology of the most remarkable events in the evolution of photography, film, television and video, and sound; second: an electronic resource available through the website with the information contained on the poster, expanded with more text and images (it also includes amateur film chronology). There are versions in four languages from both, poster and website.
The resource was made by The Girona City Council through the Centre for Image Research and Diffusion (CRDI) and the Cinema Museum, with the collaboration of the International Council on Archives (ICA), celebrates the World Day for Audiovisual Heritage.
The chronology of photographic and audiovisual media will contribute to:
• To provide a common and universal tool for archivists, but also for the public related to the production, management and preservation of photographic and audiovisual heritage.
• To provide knowledge about the morphology and functioning of the materials used in the determination of photographic and audiovisual information in order to contribute to a better preservation of documents. • To make aware of the vulnerability of this heritage conditioned by the rapid obsolescence and degradation of the physical media.
• To contribute to celebrate the World Day for Audiovisual Heritage (October 27) and the International Archives Day (June 9).
• To promote the awareness and provide tools for the work of archivists in the field of photographic and audiovisual documentation.
• To highlight the importance of the development of those technologies as a way to record the memories of the people. Resource created by: Centre de Recerca i Difusió de la Imatge (CRDI), from Girona City Hall, as a representative of ICA Photographic and Audiovisual Archives Group (PAAG)