The 2019 International Symposium of the Southeast Asia Regional Branch of the International Council on Archives (SARBICA) is hosted by the National Archives of Singapore (NAS). It will take place from 24-28 June 2019 in Singapore. With the theme of “Rethinking Archives: Reframing Boundaries, Imagining Possibilities”, the Symposium hopes to explore the intersection of privacy, security, and the management and preservation of records and data on one hand as well as the innovative deployment of archives and oral history in citizen engagement.
24-25 June : Workshops
26-27 June : Symposium
Keynote Speakers invited :
Luciana Duranti "Disruptive Technologies and Trustworthy Records"
Alistair Thomson "Curating Access to Digital Oral History Archives: Exciting Prospects and Risky Futures"
Over 40 presentations covering a wide range of subjects on archives and records management and preservation, and oral history, e.g.
- Disruptive technologies and trustworthy records – blockchain, AI, etc
- Reframing the management of government records
- Reimagining digital preservation
- Rethinking environmental standards for Southeast Asia
- Privacy, access and records keeping
- Archives and records-related legislation
- Cloud storage
- University archives
- Corporate and family archives
- Adaptive oral history for reminiscence work
- Oral history and the connection to the mediated recordkeeping culture-as-evidence model
- Archival advocacy
- Archives and citizen engagement
- Crowdsourcing technology
- Role of archiving in art history
28 June : Institutional Visits