During the ICA Seoul congress in September 2016, a new SPA steering committee was appointed for the next four years, until the next ICA Congress in Abu Dhabi 2020. We are 12 people representing associations from all over the world.
Our mission is to encourage and facilitate communication and knowledge sharing among the member associations and between the ICA organization and association members.
In accordance with the general objectives of ICA, the aims of SPA are to:
- promote closer collaboration among records management and archival professional associations
- gather and disseminate information about the activities of ecords management and archival professional associations
- encourage and assist the establishment of new professional records management and archival associations
- promote and maintain the ICA Code of Ethics
- carry out projects of professional interest
Our main objectives for the 2016-2020 term are the following:
- Better utilize online and social media channels two increase communication with member associations.
- Improve the content on the SPA website and make it the nucleus for associations and their members
- Realize growth of member associations in ICA/SPA and strengthen the network
- Implement three projects which promote and benefit the archives and records management profession.