The East and Southern Regional Branch of the International Council on Archives (ESARBICA) will host its biennial conference on the theme Archives, Records, And Memory In Digital Spaces And Global Chaos in Gauteng Province, South Africa from 14- 18 August 2023.
National and international speakers will address problems and solutions relating to the theme of the conference and will answer questions related to management and preservation of archives, records, and memory in augmented technologies and digital spaces, as well as those that are at risk from chaos (global or local) such as wars, disasters, pandemics, climate change etc.
Papers, panel discussions, workshops, lightning talks and posters on topics that address the theme and sub-themes of the conference will be considered for inclusion in the conference programme. Accepted papers will be considered for publication in the ESARBICA Journal, provided the authors submit full papers and give consent. A peer review process will be followed to ensure that publications of good quality be included in the proposed journal.
Papers covering the following sub-themes in relation to the main theme will be considered:
- Preservation legislation, policies, strategies, and workflows
- Chaos - affecting archives, records and memory
- Case studies, best practice and novel initiatives
- Digital spaces
- Training and education: archives, records and memory
- Submission of abstracts: 28 February 2023
- Notification of acceptance of abstracts: 3 April 2023
- Paper submission: 2 May 2023
- Camera ready papers: 5 June 2023
Need more information?
Queries regarding abstract submissions can be directed to: email@example.com