Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision will host the fifth No Time to Wait conference. No Time to Wait is a FREE three-day conference focused on open media, open standards, and digital audiovisual preservation managed by MediaArea.net. No Time to Wait has always been a conference that blends in-person and online participation and this year we shall work to emphasize online participation in response to the social, travel, and financial restrictions related to the pandemic.
The theme this year is "Open Isn't Enough" highlighting that simply bringing openness into our work is not enough to propagate its adoption and accessibility, but that open media and open standards require an environment of skill-sharing, advocacy, collaboration, and community-building to be truly useful.
If you'd like to participate in No Time to Wait 5, either in-person or online, you can register here. If you would like to propose a presentation at No Time to Wait please note that the Call for Proposals form is online.
The No Time To Wait conference features presentations and discussion on topics such as:
- developing collaborative initiatives to preserve media
- efforts to extend capabilities and opportunities within archives
- active open media standardization projects
- seeking consensus in audiovisual preservation strategy
- examination of open media use in film and video digitization
- integration of open source tools into archival workflow
- examples of cross-community collaboration and skill-sharing
- developments in open media