Do you have a passion for the future of archives and record keeping? Do you want to help guide the next generation of archivists and records managers? Then ICA has a volunteer opportunity for you!
The International Council on Archives invites expressions of interest for the role of New Professionals Programme Coordinator. This high-profile volunteer position is a fantastic opportunity for a professional in mid-career, with existing networks, wishing to build upon those networks, and a desire to travel and work internationally. It will also give you an opportunity to give back to the community and help new archivists in their professional journey.
This role involves coordinating the activities of the ICA New Professionals Programme (NPP). The NPP supports the ICA objective of Building Capacity within the archives and recordkeeping profession through support to New Professionals to develop their professional knowledge and to get involved in the international archives and recordkeeping community.
The NPP identifies a cohort of six to seven New Professionals annually to fulfil certain ICA tasks and to attend and offer a panel or a workshop at the ICA Annual Conference, which they attend on an expenses-covered bursary. The New Professionals are also matched with a mentor and take on social media and newsletter responsibilities. The NPP Coordinator oversees the selection process and the ongoing engagement of the cohort. More information on the NPP is available here.
The position is not remunerated, but involves funded travel as expressed in the availability section below, and all expenses incurred in fulfilling the role are covered. While the role is not time-limited, we hope and expect to fill it with someone willing to make a minimum commitment of three years.
Deadline for applications: 19 October 2018
- Interpersonal: Must be able to interact easily with people from various cultural backgrounds, and have existing or be able to build and create professional networks
- Oral communication: Speak effectively to large and small groups
- Project and programme management: Develop and execute annual plans; organize and run meetings of the cohort in multiple time zones
- Work independently: Organize and execute work independently
- Written communication: Write reports, calls for applications, email communication, social media announcements, etc.
- Flexibility and team spirit
- Six to eight hours per week, higher during the annual selection process and in the weeks before the Conference
- Flexibility regarding the meeting times (late at night or early in the morning, due to time zone differences)
- Away from home at least 8 days per year + travel (2 days for ICA Secretariat meetings, normally held in Paris or on the occasion of annual conferences; 5 days for the Annual Conference/Congress and Governance meetings late in each calendar year, location rotates; 1 day for the independent Governance meetings normally early in each calendar year, location rotates)
- English: written and oral; near- fluency is minimum requirement
- French: at least written (capacity to read and to write); fluency is an asset
Assets (not required, but nice to have!)
- Good knowledge of ICA and its organization
- Professional qualification through post-secondary education or formal training as an archivist or records manager
- Experience with international organizations and networks
- Some language ability with Spanish (read/speak)
How to Apply
To apply for this position, send a covering letter and a CV that, taken together, demonstrate the above capacities and requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address questions about this poster and the position and the NPP to: email@example.com
Download | 85.6 KB | Type : PDF | Language : English
Appel à manifestation d'intérêt: Coordonnateur du programme "Nouveaux Professionnels", septembre 2018
Download | 411.55 KB | Type : PDF | Language : Français