Terms of Reference
For the term 2019-2022 the AEG is charged with promoting the importance of archives within society and promoting the ICA's Universal Declaration on Archives (UDA) ; surveying , developing and managing resources on advocacy; acting as advocacy advisers when the ICA needs expert opinion, and acting as sponsors or liaison for advocacy projects initiated by other parts of the ICA network.
The objectives of the AEG are:
- to develop a strategy for awareness of archives in general and promotion of the UDA,
- to develop communication within the ICA about the UDA and advocacy activities,
- to engage with membership of the ICA,
- to use social media and increase online presence of advocacy activities, including use of the UDA,
- to offer advocacy expertise within the ICA and within the international archival community,
- to develop relationships with ICA partners.