The New Professionals Programme (NPP) is designed to attract future leaders in the field of archives and records management, and to encourage them to be active ICA members and committed professionals who will help to stimulate international engagement with professional communities in their own countries and around the world. The NPP also creates and shares resources, which support the international new professional community, and helps to create a network of new professionals around the globe.
The ICA New Professionals Programme is open to applications from new professionals with less than five years of paid working experience, irrespective of their age to encourage them to take advantage of the communications and resources created under the NPP.
Professionals with this profile have the opportunity to become Active New Professionals, where they will:
- Attend and present at an ICA Congress or Conference
- Be assigned a mentor who can provide professional support, advice and guidance
- Meet leaders in the archival and records management professions and participate in networking events
- Be allocated a conference buddy who will support them during their Congress/Conference experience
- Become part of an Active New Professionals cohort
- Participate in a project that will foster and support New Professionals around the world
The NPP issues a call for applications every two years for interested candidates to apply to become ‘Active New Professionals’ (Active NP).
Not an Active New Professional? Other ways to become involved
History of the New Professionals Programme