SIO is the Section of International Organisations within the International Council on Archives.
Within ICA's general objectives of working for the advancement of archives through international co-operation, SIO aims at:
- promoting professional and scholarly co-operation and communication between archives and archivists of international organizations;
- achieving recognition of the existence and value of archive services within international organizations;
- achieving recognition of the professional status of archivist for the international civil servants in charge of archives, and to assist their basic and continuing training;
- studying the question of preservation, appraisal and description of archives of international organizations;
- developing access to archives of international organizations;
- promoting co-operation with historians and the research community.
The 47th SIO Annual Meeting will take place in Rome in September 2022.
Additional details will follow.