Call for Nominations to join ICA Expert Groups
If you have expertise and a keen interest in the following topics, if you are yearning to make a difference and help the international archival community with your experience, knowledge and enthusiasm, then, answer this call!
The Programme Commission (PCOM) is seeking new expertise, particularly from Africa, Oceania, Latin America, South Asia and the Caribbean, parts of the ICA community that are not currently well-represented on ICA Expert Groups. If you have expertise that corresponds to the subject of any of the Expert Groups listed below and have time and energy to contribute to the international archival field, please apply!
- EGRSO – Expert Group on Research Services and Outreach
- EGATTT - Expert Group against Theft, Trafficking and Tampering
- PAAG - Photographic and Audiovisual Archives Working Group
- EG-MDPR – Expert Group on Managing Digital and Physical Records
- EG-EMDP – Expert Group on Emergency Management and Disaster Preparedness
- EGLM – Expert Group on Legal Matters
- EGABE - Expert Group on Archive Buildings and Environments
- EGAD - Expert Group on Archival Description
Please send an expression of interest outlining your background at firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 November (extended deadline) with the following information:
- Expert Group you're applying for
- a paragraph describing your expertise in the subject of the Expert Group
- ICA membership number (applicants must be ICA members in good standing or employees of an ICA member organization)
Not sure about your ICA membership number?
Sign in to the ICA only-members area here and check the section ICA Membership to confirm your category and membership number.
Your application will be shared with the Chair of the relevant Expert Group who will get in contact with you if your expertise is a good match for their membership/group in early 2023. Depending on the number of applications they receive, the expertise represented, and the geographical distribution of the volunteers, Expert Groups may not be able to accept everyone who volunteers.