The International Council on Archives invites you to celebrate the International Archives Day on Saturday 9 June 2018!
We invite you to celebrate the International Archives Day on the theme of the ICA Yaoundé Conference 2018 "Archives: Governance and Heritage" which will take place in Yaounde, Cameroon from 26 to 28 November 2018.
On Saturday 9 June 2018, celebrate the International Archives Day in your institution, your company or your department. Use this global event for archivists and records managers in order to make known the role of archives and share your experience and the importance of your work. Show that the archives profession is fun, inclusive, varied and that your expertise is helpful to everyone
Prepare your project for the International Archives Day 2018:
1. Starting from today, save the date: Saturday 9 June 2018... and, as it will be weekend, why not extend it for the whole week?
3. Under the theme “Archives: Governance and Heritage”, choose right now your project to participate in the event: an exhibition, a slide-show, a film screening, and open your department to the public, explain your work, raise the profile of your colleagues and explain how they can help other departments in your institution or your company.
4. In order to facilitate your events, ICA makes available, cutomizable communication templates (posters, bookmarks, etc.), to encourage everyone to share this day through social networks, business or family circles.
5. And because ICA wants to highlight your projects and the dynamism of archivists and records managers, please think of taking photos of your customized posters and documents, as well as your celebration on Saturday 9th June and send them to us !
6. Starting on February, present us your event and send us your programme so that it can be displayed in the Interactive map (your poster and whatever document that you previously customized). Take advantage of this great exposure of your work to the general public!
7. Follow the event on social media and continue to celebrate “Archives: Governance, Memory and Heritage” by registering to the Conference Yaoundé 2018
Let's share our experiences of the International Archives Day on social networks... We need you!
We can’t be everywhere on June 9, neither before, despite of the fact that we are putting heart and soul so that you can have a closer experience of the event. On the other hand, with your support, everything can change!
Pictures, videos, recordings or simple messages... Whatever means you prefer to express yourself will do so that you can immortalise your experience of this International Archives Day. Being the narrator of your day will be your benefit.
Specify the location and what will you do on this day. An activity that surprises you, that allows you to discover and learn about archives? A place that touches you, makes you shiver, shake or that astonishes you? Send us your photos, videos and comments; we will be happy to disseminate them with our thanks, or a mention and, certainly, you will gain some followers.
All you need is a smartphone with internet and the desire of sharing us your experience.
Where should I post?
Post with our hashtag: #IAD18
Three social networks:
Now is your turn. Give us the best International Archives Day!