Campaign theme is « Designing the Archives in the 21st Century »
Designing the Archive is about putting people at the centre of what we do. The campaign theme will focus on how in the 21st Century our profession -data and information managers, records managers and archivists- can provides opportunities for human-centred design approaches to ensure we deliver benefits to citizens, customers, stakeholders and communities. This cross cuts, not only geographical boundaries, but sectors and industries; we want to hear from archivists representing architecture to fashion, engineering to environmental management, public-sector and private-sector.
From paper to digital, how are you designing your archives for the 21st century? Let’s challenge what people think we do! Help us tell the world what archives in the 21st Century are about!
Share with us your vision of archives and your profession, and show us how you will celebrate archivists’ achievements from Monday 3 to Sunday 9 June 2019!
How to plan a successful International Week step by step
We invite you to celebrate the International Archives Week on the theme of the conference Adelaide 2019, "Designing the Archive” which will take place in South Australia from 21 to 25 October.
From Monday 3 to Sunday 9 June 2019, celebrate the International Archives Week in your institution, your company or your department. Use this global event for archivists and records managers in order to make known the role of archives and share your experience and the importance of your work. Show that the archives profession is fun, inclusive, varied and that your expertise is helpful to everyone.
Prepare your project for the International Archives Week 2019:
1. Starting from today, save the date from Monday 3 to Sunday 9 June 2019…
3. Under the theme “Designing your Archives in the 21st Century”, choose right now your project to participate in the event: an exhibition, a slide-show, a film screening, and open your department to the public, explain your work, raise the profile of your colleagues and explain how they can help other departments in your institution or your company.
4. In order to facilitate your events, ICA makes available on its website cutomizable communication templates (posters, bookmarks, etc.) and an instructions guide to customize them via an online application: Canva
5. Publish your event as soon as possible and send us your programme with your customized posters and documents in order to highlight it on the Interactive Map 2019
6. From Monday 3 to Sunday 9 June 2019 please think of taking photos of, as well as your celebration and send them to us! ICA wants to highlight your projects and the dynamism of archivists and records managers!
7. Follow the event on social media #IAW2019 and continue to celebrate “Designing the Archive” by registering to the Conference Adelaide 2019 in South Australia from 21 to 25 October