The ICA launched the New Professionals Programme (NPP) in 2014 as a way to
support its long-term goal to encourage and foster the development of new members
of the archives and recordkeeping profession.
Each year the ICA selects six new professionals from around the world to join the NPP
as Active New Professionals (NP) for one year and receive support and guidance as they establish their professional careers.
Applications for the 2018/19 New Professional Program are now closed.
• Each NP is matched with a carefully selected Mentor who provides one-on-one professional advice through out the year
• Each NP is provided with a bursary to cover the cost of participation in the annual ICA conference and provided with networking opportunities at the Conference
• The opportunity to develop professional and personal connections with other NPs from around the world
• As a team manage the NPP newsletter and social media feeds
• As a team collaborate on the production of projects and resources
• Attend the annual ICA conference and run a NPP conference session
WHO CAN APPLY:
ICA members with less than 5 years experience in the archives and/or records management profession can apply. There is no age restriction. Applicants can be individual members of the ICA or work for an organisation that has an institutional membership with the ICA or be studying at an educational establishment with an institutional ICA membership.
For full details about the NPP history, benefits, responsibilities, and application requirements download the New Professional Program Overview document at the bottom of this page (available in English, French and Spanish).