PAAG - Chronology of Audiovisual Heritage
The chronology of Audiovisual Heritage contributes to:
- To provide a common and universal tool for archivists, but also for the public related to the production, management and preservation of photographic and audiovisual heritage.
- To provide knowledge about the morphology and functioning of the materials used in the determination of photographic and audiovisual information in order to contribute to a better preservation of documents.
- To make aware of the vulnerability of this heritage conditioned by the rapid obsolescence and degradation of the physical media.
- To contribute to celebrate the World Day for Audiovisual Heritage (October 27) and the International Archives Day (June 9).
- To promote the awareness and provide tools for the work of archivists in the field of photographic and audiovisual documentation.
- To highlight the importance of the development of those technologies as a way to record the memories of the people.
Access the Chronology of Audiovisual Heritage here
Visit the Photographic and Audiovisual Archives Working Group (PAAG)