The ICA Section on Business Archives (SBA) aims to support the preservation and use of the archives of business worldwide.
SBL was created in 1990, from an earlier committee on business records. It attracts a broad international membership with shared common professional interests and activities.
Our five primary objectives are:
- to promote professional and scholarly co-operation and communication between business and labour archives and archivists;
- to promote interest in such archives on an international scale;
- to develop guidelines on the appraisal and disposal of business and labour archives;
- to study the question of access to and accessibility of such archives;
- to co-operate with public archives which keep business and labour archives;
the section holds regular meetings and workshops, either by itself or in conjunction with other business archive organisations.