The Online Learning Platform is now officially launched.
- ICA members can access the platform using their ICA Member credentials to benefit from preferential rates to register for online courses.
- If you are not an ICA member yet and wish to benefit from preferential rates, join us here!
- You also have the option to create a guest learner account and access the learning platform to register to online course at standard rate.
Aims and Objectives
ICA’s Training Programme aims to provide ICA members with high quality training opportunities across the full scope of archive and recordkeeping competencies via a range of delivery methods including online learning, face-to-face training and training trainers. The Training Programme is designed to work with the New Professionals Programme and the Africa Programme to reflect and address PCOM’s priorities for ICA’s professional expertise, support and development. The goals of the Programme are to:
- Support the initial and continuing professional development of archivists and recordkeepers around the world
- Build capacity in areas of the world where archival education and training needs strengthening
- Identify and protect archives through awareness-raising and training
- Ensure that the skills and competencies are in place for members to adhere to and exploit ICA standards, publications and tools
If you need training, for yourself or for colleagues, but don’t have the means to travel, or if using your computer or mobile device to access training from home or work is more convenient and attractive to you, ICA will be offering online learning course from early 2019. ICA’s new Learning Management System will provide learners with access to affordable, high quality learning using your computer or mobile device.
A typical course will include:
- Clearly defined learning outcomes
- Full background notes
- Quizzes to test learning
- Additional resources
- User evaluations to provide feedback
- Certificate of completion