#EmpoweringArchives / #EmpoderarLosArchivos / #RenforcerLesArchives
#EmpoweringArchives builds on ICA’s Strategic Plan ‘Empowering Archives and the Profession 2021-2024’ released in November 2020 and it also plays on the ICA Abu Dhabi Congress theme of #EmpoweringKnowledgeSocieties.
There three areas to these events:
- Accountability and Transparency
- Collaboration and Networking
- Diversity and Inclusivity
For this second ICA Social Media Campaign, we are inviting the records and archives community to reflect on:
- How archives empower accountability and transparency, through access to information for holding governments to account and ensuring that citizens can protect their rights.
- How networking and collaboration enable us to empower archives and the profession to help us achieve our goals and objectives for the profession and our institutions through the support of allied professions while helping other sectors and the general public understand what we do.
- And how to challenge current archival theory and practice to make it more diverse and inclusive of different voices along with different histories.
Use #IAW2021 and #EmpoweringArchives and check out our social media package (to be launched on May 3rd) to download GIFs, quote cards, videos, banners and customizable posters to share your thoughts with the world!
- Spread the word with your community by sharing with them David Fricker’s video (ICA President) welcoming everyone to join us and participate in this virtual conversation.
- Find themed visual materials available in three languages: English, French and Spanish.
- Add your views and thoughts about #EmpoweringArchives and its connection with accountability, collaboration and inclusivity by using all the resources prepared for you!
All of these promotional resources will be available to everyone on May 3rd!